Students, you’re going to want to get your notebooks ready because Brent “The Professor” Fikowski is taking us to school on the Brute Podcast this week.
Brent is a three-time CrossFit Games athlete, placing second in the 2017 Games, and after this episode, you’ll understand how he’s remained one of the sport’s top four male athletes since 2016.
Even though Brent is “The Professor,” he brings a mindset to the game that can’t be taught—the mindset of a competitor. But that doesn’t mean he hasn’t had his ups and downs in the sport.
Listen to this week’s episode to learn more about what you can do to emulate that mindset, what it’s like to compete against the fittest athletes in the world and how he almost left CrossFit in 2015.
- 01:00 – Sanctioned events
- 06:20 – Early competitive career
- 26:50 – Starting CrossFit
- 35:20 – Transformation year
- 43:20 – First experience at the CrossFit Games
- 1:16:30 – “The Professor Project”
- The Mindful Athlete: Secrets to Pure Performance – George Mumford
- Burn Your Goals: The Counter Cultural Approach to Achieving Your Greatest Potential – Joshua Medcalf
- Chop Wood Carry Water: How to Fall in Love with the Process of Becoming Great – Joshua Medcalf
- The Art of Learning: An Inner Journey to Optimal Performance – Josh Waitzkin