What exactly does it take these days to be nicknamed the Mad Scientist? Are we talking Doc Brown in a DeLorean cruising through a space-time continuum, or is it more of a beaker and test tube vibe?
Whatever the case, we’re stoked to have the modern-day Mad Scientist and world-renowned strength athlete and coach Chris Duffin on the Brute Strength podcast this week for his second episode.
In Chris’ first episode, we learned about the upbringing that shaped his mentality for creating Kabuki Strength. This week, we’re talking shop on increasing your strength, the correlation between whiskey and deadlifts, working around your injuries and the benefits of a ShouldeRök (not to be confused with the popular dance movement based on rocking your shoulder back and forth—if you’re feeling it though, do you).
- 01:20 – “Whiskey and Deadlifts”
- 10:30 – Shiny object syndrome
- 15:20 – Minimum effective dose principle
- 22:00 – Benefits of a ShouldeRök
- 54:30 – Functional Range Conditioning (FRC)
- 58:00 – Hamstring tears and rehab
- The Obstacle Is the Way – Ryan Holiday